At HERO-ERA we take pride in our comprehensive Arrive and Drive fleet which spans 53 years from a vintage 1930 Riley Brooklands to a modern classic 1983 VW Golf GTi. More than that, they are hired and enjoyed across a wide variety of events from one day HERO Challenges to endurance events across Europe.
The cars most often requested for tarmac events for aesthetic and emotional reasons are the two Jaguar E-Types that grace our fleet. The perfect sports car in shape and size due to it’s sheer dazzling design, the 150 mph performance achieved with the most advanced technical specification of the period are still impressive today. The car that even Enzo Ferrari described as ‘the most beautiful car ever made,’ put this sensational vehicle at the pinnacle of design even after 60 years.
The two E-Type Jaguars on the HERO-ERA Arrive Drive fleet represent the very best of the model range. The red 1962 3.8 litre Roadster is a very original Italian left hand drive car with its Moss gearbox and perfectly tailored hood which, when down, allows the driver to savour the full Jaguar experience.
The 1968 fixed head coupe on the fleet is a 4.2 litre flyer. The handling is sublime along with the startling performance from the big straight six engine, and although there isn’t the same open air experience of the drop head, it presents complete design elegance with the convenience of the rear door hatch. Jaguar E-Type fans are very fixed in their choice of Roadster or Fixed Head Coupe.
HERO-ERA are therefore proud to support the ‘E-TYPE, the ICONIC CELEBRATION’ at Bowcliffe Hall, Yorkshire on the 13/14th July this year. They will be displaying their 1962 E-Type Roadster, whilst Tony Jardine, HERO-ERA Communications Director will be on hand to talk E-Types, classic rallying and to conduct a few interviews along the way.
There are still some places available for the two day event which our colleagues at the Fast Lane Club have meticulously put together, with the help of their Chairman and HERO-ERA stalwart Stephen Owens. Please see the event information below and use the link to find more details, including how you can buy tickets for this COVID safety observed event.
The list of Jaguar stars appearing is as impressive as the number of special Jaguars E-Types that will be on display. Director of Jaguar Design for 20 years, Ian Callum, the son and grandson of Bill Heynes, Technical Director and Chief Engineer of Jaguar for 35 years, Jonathan and William Heynes will both be there. William is restoring nine early Series 1 ‘Flat Floor’ E-Types which will be displayed in various levels of build.
It promises to be a wonderful experience set in the beautiful grounds of Bowcliffe Hall at Bramham near Wetherby. We look forward to seeing you there.
13th July (Tuesday) – VIP Day
Open to all Classic Car Owners (does not have to be a Jaguar) – Places limited to 60 cars & 120 guests
– Yorkshire Dales Driving Tour – Starting & ending at Bowcliffe with lunch at Grantley Hall
– Evening Celebration Dinner with overnight accommodation at Oulton Hall with special guests:
14th July (Wednesday) – Celebration Day
– After Breakfast, back to Bowcliffe to layout the classic cars on the lawns in front of Bowcliffe
– Concours Display and judging with prizes
– VIP Lunch included
– Day Guests arrive from 2:00pm
An incredible gathering of special historically important Jaguars will be on display:
– Le Mans winning 1955 D-Type 774RW driven by Mike Hawthorn
– E-Type Chassis #5 (ECD400) – the first E-Type to be raced. It won the Oulton Park Spring Trophy in 1961 driven by Graham Hill on its first outing
– XK120 (RJH400) works prepared car Class Winner of 1954 Alpine Rally
– E-Type Chassis #4 OTS (1600RW) the “Service Training Car” run by Lofty England
– E-Type Chassis #25 OTS (4133RW) “Factory Experimental & Development Car”
– E-Type Chassis #35 Semi Lightweight FHC
– HWM1 – the works HWM-Jaguar that competed at the 1956 Mille Miglia
– HWM – XPA 748 Jonthan’s ex Geoff Mansell 1955 HWM-Jaguar
– PLUS another circa 50 Classic Jaguars & other marques on display on the lawns at Bowcliffe Hall for a Concours Event (entry still available)
– Various guest speakers & 1 on 1 interviews with Ian Callum, Jonathan Heynes, William Heynes and Tony O’Keefe
– Pol Roger Champagne, All food included (BBQ, Fish ‘n’ Chips, Spanish) & Live Music
…and much more!
Tickets still available for the Full 2 Day VIP Package
(includes all meals, driving tour, celebration dinner, overnight accommodation, Pol Roger Champagne & Concours Entry)
£799 (for 2 people based on 2 people sharing)
or £459 for single person supplement
The Celebration day only (from 2:00pm)
(includes BBQ, Paella, Fish ‘n’ Chips & 1 glass of Pol Roger Champagne)
£49 per person
Full details and to book places please visit: www.thefastlaneclub.com/etype-celebration (tickets must be booked in advance)
Let your feet wander and you never know where they might take you, let your mind wander and you might find that there are things you thought you knew, that a...
The HERO-ERA organisation has had to make the painful decision to postpone both Sahara Challenges until 2022. Continuing border issues between Spain and Moro...
It is hard to capture many things from our youth, although a great deal of us try. It is surely why the midlife crisis was invented, as an explanation for ou...